- Martin Griffin Preserve
Nature Exploration & Music: Little Folkies Family Band Featuring Irena Eide Solo Set
Parents, bring your 0-5 year olds to the Martin Griffin Preserve of Audubon Canyon Ranch to join ACR and Little Folkies Family Band for a day of Music and Nature Exploration! ACR and Little Folkies Family Band are teaming up to inspire young families to sing, play, and connect to the land. Come explore rhythmic dance and movement, musical games, and nature activities with your tots. Little Folkies will perform a 40 minute set of spring themed songs. After the concert, join ACR staff in nature discovery activities including sensory and pond life exploration.
Click here to register for this event.
Suggested donation $20/per person. ACR depends on the generosity of its community to manage the 5,000 acres of wildlife sanctuaries owned by ACR. Upon registering for this event, please make a donation! All donations are greatly appreciated.
Little Folkies Music: 11:30am - 12:30pm
Nature Exploration: 10:00am - 4:00pm
OPEN SATURDAYS, May 4 - July 27, 2019
10:00am - 4:00pm
Bring your family and friends! The Martin Griffin Preserve is open to the public. Learn about the wonders of nature and hike through redwoods, mixed evergreen forests, coastal scrub, and enjoy sweeping vistas of the Bolinas Lagoon and Pacific Coast.
- Hike 8+ miles of trails
- Learn from nature guides
- View abundant plants & wildlife
- Visit newt ponds
- Discover natural wonders in our Curiosity Room
- Picnic under redwoods
Themed Saturdays – Hikes and activities occur at 11am and 2pm:
- May 4th: Spring Opening Day! Hikes with David Herlocker
- May 11th: Banana Slug Hike!
- May 18th: Ferns & Flowers
- May 25th: Pond Day
- June 1: Magnificent Save: The Story of Martin Griffin Preserve
- June 8: Conifers of the Canyon
- June 15: Mountain Lion Day
- June 22: Dragonflies and Damselflies
- June 29: Forest Bathing and Nature Mindfulness with certified Forest Bathing instructor Joey (Iris) Heusler
- July 6: Nature Exploration & Music: Little Folkies Family Band Featuring Irena Eide Solo Set
- July 13: Nature Journaling Day
- July 20: “It’s My Fault!” Earthquakes and the San Andreas
- July 27: Summer Celebration at MGP! (Closing Day)
Mother’s Day Picnic:
May 12th, 12:00pm - 2:00pm
A 50-year tradition benefitting ACR and Marin Audubon Click here to purchase tickets
For directions to Martin Griffin Preserve, click here.
ADMISSION: Suggested donation of $20 per person supports our programs and management of the 5,000 acres of wildlife sanctuaries owned by ACR. All donations are greatly appreciated!