- Martin Griffin Preserve
Conifers of the Canyon
What’s a conifer, and why is it here? On June 8th, come hear our volunteer Nature Guides tell stories about trees, find out who lives in the trees, and then spread out your picnic blanket and have a picnic under the trees! They’ll have guided hikes at 11am and 2pm. We’ll have kids’ activities, special interpretive materials, and more.
As every Saturday, we’ll have ample opportunity for nature exploration! Join our volunteer Nature Guides and grab a pair of binoculars or peer in the scopes to watch osprey dive for fish and eagles disrupt the waterbirds over the Bolinas Lagoon. Grab a net and scoop a newt at our freshwater ponds. Come out to our kids’ tables to do activities related to the sights, sounds, and smells of June at Martin Griffin Preserve! No reservation necessary -- please join us!
OPEN SATURDAYS, May 4 - July 27, 2019
10:00am - 4:00pm
Bring your family and friends! The Martin Griffin Preserve is open to the public. Learn about the wonders of nature and hike through redwoods, mixed evergreen forests, coastal scrub, and enjoy sweeping vistas of the Bolinas Lagoon and Pacific Coast.
- Hike 8+ miles of trails
- Learn from nature guides
- View abundant plants & wildlife
- Visit newt ponds
- Discover natural wonders in our Curiosity Room
- Picnic under redwoods
Themed Saturdays – Hikes and activities occur at 11am and 2pm:
- May 4th: Spring Opening Day! Hikes with David Herlocker
- May 11th: Banana Slug Hike!
- May 18th: Ferns & Flowers
- May 25th: Pond Day
- June 1: Magnificent Save: The Story of Martin Griffin Preserve
- June 8: Conifers of the Canyon
- June 15: Mountain Lion Day
- June 22: Dragonflies and Damselflies
- June 29: Forest Bathing and Nature Mindfulness with certified Forest Bathing instructor Joey (Iris) Heusler
- July 6: TBA
- July 13: Nature Journaling Day
- July 20: “It’s My Fault!” Earthquakes and the San Andreas
- July 27: Summer Celebration at MGP! (Closing Day)
Mother’s Day Picnic:
May 12th, 12:00pm - 2:00pm
A 50-year tradition benefitting ACR and Marin Audubon Click here to purchase tickets
For directions to Martin Griffin Preserve, click here.
ADMISSION: Suggested donation of $20 per person supports our programs and management of the 5,000 acres of wildlife sanctuaries owned by ACR. All donations are greatly appreciated!